Dr. Gene Hassell
Dr. Hassell attended the University of Texas at Austin, receiving his bachelors degree in biology. His first job after college was working for a chemical company in Houston, Texas which spurred an interest in environmental concerns. He returned to the University of Texas at Dallas where he studied environmental science for two years. During that time, he worked part time in the geology department and coauthored a research paper that was published in the Journal of Geographical Research in May of 1981. After receiving his masters’ degree, Dr. Hassell went to work for the Environmental Protection Agency as a grants review specialist. But it didn’t excite him. He wanted to help people directly and one on one. He entered dental school at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas and received his D.D.S. degree in 1983.
In 2002, he received his Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry. This award reflects a life long commitment to continuing education in the field of dentistry. Dr. Hassell has served as a clinical adjunct professor at the University of Texas Dental School in San Antonio. He has practiced in downtown Pflugerville since 1984 and is devoted to excellence in family dental care.
In his spare time Dr. Hassell enjoys auto restoration of performance cars from the sixties, and is an avid fan of vintage road racing.
Family is very important to Dr. Hassell. He and his wife Karen have two children, Eric and Anna. He is active within his church as well as local civic organizations.
Dr. Hassell maintains an active leadership in his profession as can be seen by his resume. He is currently on the executive board of the local dental society. He volunteers his time treating the indigent at the Manos De Christo Dental clinic in Austin, Texas. He has traveled to the jungle of Panama on medical missions in the spring of 2004 and 2005. On these trips he provided dental services to native indians in remote villages.
Why Choose Us?
- Dr. Hassell has over 20 years experience, supported by a lifetime of continued learning.
- Almost any dental problem can be remedied by our office.
- Gentle, painless and focused on your comfort and safety!
- Prompt and friendly staff; courtesy is our number one priority!
- If you have a problem, we will discuss treatment options and fees in advance.
- We welcome second opinions as part of developing trust with you. If you have received a recommendation for treatment by another doctor, Dr. Hassell will provide a second opinion at no charge.
- Our office is modern, but down to earth with easy access and plenty of parking.
- We recognize the difference between needs and wants, and we will help you get what you want.
- We believe in what we do, we do it well, and we’re here to serve you.
- We will do our best to not allow money to get in the way of what you want.
The office of Gene Hassell, DDS, strives to be distinguished and respected for the quality of care that he provides for his patients.
We are here to serve the community in the practice of dentistry by:
- Listening to the needs and wants of our patients.
- Maintaining honesty and integrity in diagnosis and treatment.
- Providing excellent dental care with kindness and compassion.
- Remaining always loyal to that which is in the patient’s best interest.
- Empowering our patients to be self-reliant in regard to their dental care.
Our goals are to help you to have a positive experience in our office while we provide you the best quality dental care. By doing this, we encourage each of our patients to choose lifelong dental health.
We offer technically excellent, conservative dentistry, using the highest quality materials, equipment and lab work. We are experienced and well trained, and we committed to providing patient care utilizing the latest research in our field. We will review developments in preventive and restorative dentistry with you so that you may make informed decisions about you dental care.
We want you to feel comfortable to talk with us about any of your dental concerns. If you believe we are doing a good job, we hope you will let us know and will recommend us to your friends. If we can improve our services, please let us know that too, so we can make changes to serve you better.
We invite you to call the office to find our more about us and ask us any questions that you may have. We are available Monday through Friday and located on Main Street, just two blocks west of Pflugerville City Hall. See you soon!